What are “Whoopsies”?
During production, sometimes 'Whoopsies!' happen. These mugs we still consider sellable, but we’ve previously held them back from shipping for often very small and obscure reasons that most people wouldn’t notice. While all of our mugs are hand made and unique, some are a little more unique than others. We’ve had many people inquire about mugs that we’ve not had in-stock for awhile, so we thought this could be a good way to get some mugs that we no longer produce into the hands of those who really want them, and to make room on our shelves for new mugs that we’ve got in the works.
Each of these tiki mugs will have one or more of these, or other, small issues: glaze somewhere unintended, tiny black dots from particles in the kiln, superficial glaze cracks that don’t affect the integrity of the mug, etc. As each mugs issues vary and are unique, they aren’t reflected in pictures here. Mugs are being sold in as-is condition. We reserve the right to permanently mark mugs on bottom, out of sight, to indicate they're part of this group. Exchanges for alternate 'Whoopsie!' mugs will be allowed if buyer pays shipping costs. Mugs will not arrive cracked (excludes superficial glaze ‘cracks’).
“Whoopsie” mugs are offered at discounted price.
These mugs are in-stock and ready to be packed and shipped.
Tiki Whale Tiki Mug
A note from the designer, Sheryl Schroeder, about this mug:
“I've been painting my signature whale pieces on wood for several years now. I grew up on the beach and always have loved all ocean life, so sea animals have always been present and prominent in my art. I spent a lot of time in Hawaii over the years, and had been painting the Hawaiian fabric style onto my fish and sea creatures for a long time, then I made a whale and the rest was history. It became my best seller and my most beloved thing to make. When Anne and Joel approached me about making the whale into a mug I was blown away. I couldn't be happier with the final product, it's as if my wooden hand painted whales had sprung into perfect 3-D. They sprinkled magic dust and have brought my whale to life! I hope you love it as much as I do."
About this Tiki Mug:
- This mug looks as if it had been carved out of wood, with a multi-tone brown glaze, and the intricate 'Hawaiian fabric style' design is highlighted with a beautiful blue-green color glaze. These beautiful glazes, along with the carved look of the sculpt, really present differently depending on the lighting. Please make sure to look at all the photos - these are all the same mug photographed at different angles and lighting.
This mug holds about 38oz to the rim (varies slightly mug to mug), is about 13 inches long, and has a nice solid weight of about 2.8 lbs.
- This is a collaboration between TikiLand Trading Co. and Sheryl Schroeder.
- Designed by TikiLand Trading Co. in sunny Southern California. IMPORTED.
- These are ceramic mugs intended for use with cold beverages.
- Each mug is hand made. Each mug is hand cast, hand cleaned up seam lines, then individually hand glazed! As a result, each mug will be unique and have small variations in glaze, color, cleanup, etc.
- Hand wash only!
- Please familiarize yourself with our policies.
About TikiLand Trading Co.:
Tiki Mugs by TikiLand Trading Co. are a collaboration between TikiLand Trading Co. and Tiki tOny.
Credits for this tiki mug:
Designed by Sheryl Schroeder
Sculpted By Thor
Support and production by the team at TikiLand Trading Co.