AVAILABLE (Choose from Options when adding to cart):
- WITHOUT Swizzle for $79
WITH Sculpted Metal Crow's Nest Mast Swizzle for $94
Introducing Kraken’s Toast, designed by Brian Kesinger, sculpted by Thor (Tom Thordarson), and produced by TikiLand Trading Co.. This is mug was first announced as part of World Octopus Day, and after many, many artist proofs, is now finally in production! In the photo gallery, in addition to product photos, you will see the original sketch by Brian Kesinger, 3D sculpt files by Thor, and 3D renderings of the Crow's Nest Mast Swizzle.
Kraken's Toast Tiki Mug
A note from the designer, Brian Kesinger about this mug:
Legend speaks of a monstrous creature who lurks in the depths of the sea. For centuries this beast has haunted many a sailor’s nightmares but we now know that it's just been misunderstood. The ocean can be a solitary place and the Mighty Kraken just wants somebody to share a drink with! The problem is; it’s a little clingy. His quest for companionship is often misconstrued as nothing more than vicious attacks.
With many a shipwreck in its wake, it’s your turn to raise a glass...or a barrel...to your new unfathomable friend!
About Brian Kesinger
Brian Kesinger is an Annie award winning story artist, illustrator and author. His 20+ year career at Disney has spanned both hand drawn and cg animated films from Tarzan to Frozen 2. In addition to Brian's film work, he has also become a celebrated author and illustrator of several books that showcase his style, wit and ability to tell engaging stories in original ways. His artistic journey had lead him to find an additional home with Marvel Comics and Lucasfilm where he blends his animation background with the comic art form to create dazzling and expressive art. Brian is now Lead Character Designer at Netflix. You can learn more about Brian here.
About this Tiki Mug:
This mug has a satin style multi-color brown glaze on the exterior, and a glossy dark brown glaze on the interior.
*Orders placed before 130pm PT on Aug 28, 2021 are in production now and we expect to start shipping this first wave of these in February or March 2022, orders placed after this up until November 29, 2021 will start shipping March or April 2022 and will be considered the second wave, orders placed after November 29, 2021 will start shipping in May or June 2022, and orders placed after Feb 16, 2022 will ship in July or August 2022 barring any unforeseen production delays. Production takes a few months, overseas freight takes 4-6 weeks, and once the mugs are delivered to us we will take the time to thoroughly inspect each one before shipping them. We are currently only selling the quantity of the mug we have in production, and will update shipping dates if/when we start another production run.
This mug holds about 30oz to the rim, is about 6.5 inches tall, 6 inches wide, and has a nice solid weight of about 2.4 lbs. Volume and weight varies slightly mug to mug.
- This is a collaboration between TikiLand Trading Co. and Brian Kesinger.
- Designed by TikiLand Trading Co. in sunny Southern California. IMPORTED.
- NOTE ABOUT IMPORT PRODUCTION: These mugs are being produced with one of our new production partners that was not involved with any of our new releases/announcements prior to August 2021. All mugs will have passed through multiple rounds of quality control before being shipped out.
- These are ceramic mugs intended for use with cold beverages.
- Each mug is hand made. Each mug is hand cast, hand cleaned up seam lines, then individually hand glazed! As a result, each mug will be unique and have small variations in glaze, color, cleanup, etc.
- Hand wash only!
- Please familiarize yourself with our policies.
- Other editions, including a limited artist edition of this mug may eventually be released.
About the Swizzle (option):
- Top ornament is made from silver tone metal with an antiqued finish.
- Base that goes into drink is food grade stainless steel.
- Hand wash only.
- The images of the swizzle are currently computer generated but will have a look and feel similar to our other sculpted metal swizzles which can be seen in our Barware collection.
- The swizzle will be approximately 10.75 inches tall, but final height may differ.
- The swizzle has been custom designed for this mug.
- Currently, this swizzle is only available with purchase of this tiki mug. Additional swizzles of this design can't be ordered a la carte.
About TikiLand Trading Co.:
Tiki Mugs by TikiLand Trading Co. are a collaboration between TikiLand Trading Co. and Tiki tOny.
Credits for this tiki mug:
Designed by Brian Kesinger
Sculpted By Thor
Support and production by the team at TikiLand Trading Co.