Visit Jeff Granito's website, www.jeffgranitodesigns.com, for everything Jeff Granito other than this mug!
History of this mug - The original Hiwa Sheba (Black, 1st edition) was first revealed in August of 2019 at Midsummer Scream, followed immediately at Tiki Oasis, and then was sold at Wonderground Gallery in Downtown Disney, in Anaheim, as part of Jeff Granito's Artist in Residence, as well as here at TikiLand Trading Co.. These originals were blind box colored jewel eyes. We later released a small batch, that we literally found in a box in our garage, where we allowed people to select the eye color of what we had available at the time.
We know that this black version has been highly sought after since it sold out, and very few have been sold in the secondary market since. We receive pretty regular requests for this mug, so we've decided to bring back a version of it... briefly, just in time for Halloween!
Important - This current production run is only 150 mugs, and is a limited edition. This glaze is not identical to the first edition. Please refer to the first two outdoor photos for the closest representation of that the glaze will look like. Other photos are of the 1st edition and are just used to show the different jewel eye colors. During this release, we will once again allow you to choose a jeweled eye color as long as its available. Please refer to the photos of each mug and the eye color to make sure its the one you want. You will be able to select the eye color in the dropdown when adding to your cart. Once you place an order you will not be able to change your eye color selection.
Made in Southern California.
From Jeff Granito (IG @jeffgranitodesigns):
I am so excited to introduce my very first tiki mug, Hiwa Sheba, produced by TikiLand Trading Co. It was Inspired by the black tiki idols with rhinestone eyes that I would collect as a kid in Hawaii. I wanted to play with the idea of good and bad luck associated with black cats, so one side signifies bad luck (look for the number 13 hidden in there) and good luck on the reverse side (with a happy face and a four leaf clover tag).
About this Tiki Mug:
- This is a limited edition, however at this time we're only producing 150 mugs. Jewel Color Eye selections are limited and are not exchangeable for other colors once purchased.
- Please refer to Jewel Color Eye image(s) to determine your selection and choose appropriately when adding to cart. This choice can't be changed later.
- Please refer to the first two outdoor photos for the closest representation of that the glaze will look like. Other photos are of the 1st edition and are just used to show the different jewel eye colors.
- This mug holds about 24oz (varies slightly mug to mug), is 9.75” tall, and has a nice solid weight of approximately 2 lbs. The interior of the mug is shiny black, with the exterior being a dull black with some transparency around some hard edges or features in the sculpt.
- Ships in about 2 weeks!
- This is a collaboration between TikiLand Trading Co. and Jeff Granito.
- Designed by TikiLand Trading Co. Made in sunny Southern California.
- Each mug is hand made. Each mug is hand cast, hand cleaned up seam lines, then individually hand glazed! As a result, each mug will be unique and have small variations in glaze, color, cleanup, etc.
- Hand wash only!
- Please familiarize yourself with our policies.
About TikiLand Trading Co.:
Tiki Mugs by TikiLand Trading Co. are a collaboration between TikiLand Trading Co. and Tiki tOny.
Credits for this tiki mug:
Designed by Jeff Granito
Sculpted By Thor
Support and production by the team at TikiLand Trading Co.