What are “Whoopsies”?
During production, sometimes 'Whoopsies!' happen. These mugs we still consider sellable, but we’ve previously held them back from shipping for often very small and obscure reasons that most people wouldn’t notice. While all of our mugs are hand made and unique, some are a little more unique than others. We’ve had many people inquire about mugs that we’ve not had in-stock for awhile, so we thought this could be a good way to get some mugs that we no longer produce into the hands of those who really want them, and to make room on our shelves for new mugs that we’ve got in the works.
Each of these tiki mugs will have one or more of these, or other, small issues: glaze somewhere unintended, tiny black dots from particles in the kiln, superficial glaze cracks that don’t affect the integrity of the mug, etc. As each mugs issues vary and are unique, they aren’t reflected in pictures here. Mugs are being sold in as-is condition. We reserve the right to permanently mark mugs on bottom, out of sight, to indicate they're part of this group. Exchanges for alternate 'Whoopsie!' mugs will be allowed if buyer pays shipping costs. Mugs will not arrive cracked (excludes superficial glaze ‘cracks’).
“Whoopsie” mugs are offered at discounted price.
These mugs are in-stock and ready to be packed and shipped.
Kraken's Toast Tiki Mug, designed by Brian Kesinger and sculpted by THOR
Introducing Kraken’s Toast, designed by Brian Kesinger, sculpted by Thor (Tom Thordarson), and produced by TikiLand Trading Co.. This is mug was first announced as part of World Octopus Day.
A note from the designer, Brian Kesinger about this mug:
Legend speaks of a monstrous creature who lurks in the depths of the sea. For centuries this beast has haunted many a sailor’s nightmares but we now know that it's just been misunderstood. The ocean can be a solitary place and the Mighty Kraken just wants somebody to share a drink with! The problem is; it’s a little clingy. His quest for companionship is often misconstrued as nothing more than vicious attacks.
With many a shipwreck in its wake, it’s your turn to raise a glass...or a barrel...to your new unfathomable friend!
About this Tiki Mug:
- Mug is shown in outdoor, sunny, natural lighting give you an idea of how it looks.
This mug holds about 30oz to the rim, is about 6.5 inches tall, 6 inches wide, and has a nice solid weight of about 2.4 lbs. Volume and weight varies slightly mug to mug.
- Only 1 mug is included with purchase. No swizzle or other additional items are included.
- These are all hand glazed, hand wiped, meaning that no two are alike! Some will lighter or darker areas than others, some will be more shiny, some will be more matte, all of these variances are created when each individual mug is glazed, then fired. Placement in the kiln can create differences, the person doing the glazing and their technique will create differences; again as each is handmade, each will be unique.
- This is a collaboration between TikiLand Trading Co. and Brian Kesinger. Designed in California. Imported.
- Each mug is hand made. Each mug is hand cast, hand cleaned up seam lines, then individually hand glazed! As a result, each mug will be unique and have small variations in glaze, color, cleanup, etc.
- Hand wash only!
- Please familiarize yourself with our policies.
About TikiLand Trading Co.:
Tiki Mugs by TikiLand Trading Co. are a collaboration between TikiLand Trading Co. and Tiki tOny.
Credits for this tiki mug:
Designed by Brian Kesinger
Sculpted By Thor
Support and production by the team at TikiLand Trading Co.