What are “Whoopsies”?
During production, sometimes 'Whoopsies!' happen. These mugs we still consider sellable, but we’ve previously held them back from shipping for often very small and obscure reasons that most people wouldn’t notice. While all of our mugs are hand made and unique, some are a little more unique than others. We’ve had many people inquire about mugs that we’ve not had in-stock for awhile, so we thought this could be a good way to get some mugs that we no longer produce into the hands of those who really want them, and to make room on our shelves for new mugs that we’ve got in the works.
Each of these tiki mugs will have one or more of these, or other, small issues: glaze somewhere unintended, tiny black dots from particles in the kiln, superficial cracks that don’t affect the integrity of the mug, variation in color or glaze texture, etc. As each mugs issues vary and are unique, they aren’t reflected in pictures here. Mugs are being sold in as-is condition. While we reserve the right to permanently mark mugs on bottom, out of sight, to indicate they're part of this group, this set will not be marked. Exchanges for alternate 'Whoopsie!' mugs will be allowed if buyer pays shipping costs. Mugs will not arrive cracked (excludes superficial ‘cracks’).
“Whoopsie” mugs are offered at discounted price.
These mugs are in-stock and ready to be packed and shipped.
Tiki tOny's De Nile Set - with Skipper's Bote and Sunbathing Bertha Tiki Mug, sculpted by THOR
The Skipper’s Bote was docked... more like crashed ashore by a highly skilled and trained Skipper... upon being parked or abandoned by said Skipper, a local tiki carver decided to add their carved touches to the bote. Upon closer inspection, there may even be marks from hippo attacks, rhinos, and even nibbles from a zebra! The gorillas just drove the bote a few laps on the endless Amazonian De Nile yet they put the most damage on it.
Sunbathing Bertha was always happy to be showered with waterfalls of affection and joy. She is sure to make you as happy as an elephant in a bathing pool in a magical river of exploration.
About these Tiki Mugs:
- Included: 2 Tiki Mugs total; 1 Skipper's Bote Tiki Mug and 1 Sunbathing Bertha Tiki Mug. No additional items are included.
Mugs are shown in indoor lighting with some light from a skylight. Additional photos of Bertha were taken wih outdoor natural lighting with some sun and shade. This should give you an idea of how they look.
Sunbathing Bertha mug holds over 30oz, is about 8 inches tall, and Skipper's Bote also olds over 30oz, is about 8 inches long`, . Volume and weight varies slightly mug to mug.
- These are all hand glazed, hand wiped, meaning that no two are alike! Some will lighter or darker areas than others, some will be more shiny, some will be more matte, all of these variances are created when each individual mug is glazed, then fired. Placement in the kiln can create differences, the person doing the glazing and their technique will create differences; again as each is handmade, each will be unique.
- This is a collaboration between TikiLand Trading Co. and Tiki tOny. Designed in California. Imported.
- Each mug is hand made. Each mug is hand cast, hand cleaned up seam lines, then individually hand glazed! As a result, each mug will be unique and have small variations in glaze, color, cleanup, etc.
- Hand wash only!
- Please familiarize yourself with our policies.
About TikiLand Trading Co.:
Tiki Mugs by TikiLand Trading Co. are a collaboration between TikiLand Trading Co. and Tiki tOny.
Credits for these tiki mugs:
Designed by Tiki tOny
Sculpted By Thor
Support and production by the team at TikiLand Trading Co.